Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Do What Matters


"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.- Steve Jobs, 2005"

1. I will die someday.
2. When that day comes what will matter to me?
At this moment all the material stuff seems to not be as important. What matters is that the people in my life know that I love them and am there for them. That I support their dreams and hope but nothing for the best for them. Death is a reality we all will face and while we are alive it is important to not dwell on this reality but to use it as motivation to make the most of our time and energy. 
Steve Jobs didn't solve all of the worlds problems but he did create a smarter way for us to work, listen to music, and communicate. 
If you don't know why you are alive you will never figure out what you need to do. 
I've made up my mind that for better or worse I am an artist. I'm not a suit and tie, nine to five type of guy and whatever that means for my lifestyle I'm willing to accept it. It means I could die without every recieving public recognition but it also means committing to getting my art created and produced by any means necessary. It means not waiting on a patron, donor, or fanbase to take the first step. It means having the faith and courage to speak my truth.

Your "why" for living is calling you.

No comments:

Post a Comment