Monday, October 10, 2011

Sitting with Pain

"Not everything that is faced can be changed.
But nothing can be changed until it is faced."
- James Baldwin


I don't even need to list the problems that are facing the world right now and for the purpose of keeping you inspired will not. What I will say is that sometimes in order to maintain balance sometimes we need to let ourselves drop into our pain and experience it. Pain as I've learned can be useful. It is a sign that something is happening whether it be physical, emotional, financial or spiritual.

I'm learning to allow myself to feel painful things when they come. I'm not a matyr or machocist but I am a young adult who understands that life is not always dreams come true and happy times. It's about being realistic without being pessimistic. It's about knowing that sometimes failure is the best attractor for more success. It's about learning that in order to love again you may have to have your heartbroken.

No comments:

Post a Comment